Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Irving's shipyard has moved to Nova Scotia

Pretty sure it was in New Brunswick when I worked there.

If the folks who make these decisions ever make the decision to push the throttles on the last twenty years of shipbuilding announcements, that Irving yard in Halifax is gonna be a jumpin' place.

And I think things may be stirring.

Been hearing through the grapevine that they're hiring on at the Halifax yard. Irving doesn't even think about hiring unless all the eye's are crossed and all the tees are dotted in the latest cost-plus taxpayer-funded bonanza for Irving and a couple thousand of his shipyard workers.

You'll probably read something about it in your Globe and Mail in a month or two.


In the meanwhile, I think I'll send JD my resume. Ya, I haven't actually done much of anything since the Saint John gig, and I'm half blind and way too shaky to hold a welding whip, but they've made some great medical advances in the last twenty years, and I know for a fact they've got serious health care benefits at Irving Shipyards.

Count me in, byes!


No comments:

Post a Comment