Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Macneumann Firewood Company

Regular readers will be acquainted with the boffo business ideas that have emerged from the think tank here at Falling Downs.

The Big Ass Chair Company.

The Stink Foot Cheese Company.

Regrettably, these boffo ideas have produced next to nothing in terms of tangible results.

A few garden benches that can accommodate a big ass.

No cheese yet.

But that's about to change!

Yup, me and my pal Mac have come up with a business plan for the Macneumann Firewood Company.

We spent months on our business plan.

It's been said that necessity is the mother of invention. Well, when I got away from heating with wood, I had a problem. I've got a chainsaw and a 22 ton wood-splitter and a truck that have nothing to do. All my heat-with-wood paraphernalia has been sitting idle.

Oh, I also have two woodlots; ten acres on the south side of the road and fifteen on this side. They've been sitting idle too.

These are necessities crying out for mothering.

So me and Mac devised this business plan. The key factor was beer. Can we make enough off the firewood to pay for the beer that would inevitably be consumed in the course of cutting and splitting the wood?

I am happy to report that after running our business plan through multiple potential scenarios, the unanimous answer is YES WE CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment