Saturday, December 19, 2015

My name is Norm Jary, just in case you need me for anything...

Norm Jary was the mayor of Guelph for a spell.

Might have been two or three spells for all I know. What the fuck is a "spell" anyways?

And is "anyways" even a word?

...or did I just make it up?


Norm Jary was a radio guy in Guelph back in the sixties.

The 1960's.

He was always in your face if you grew up in Guelph, because he was the main news guy at local radio station CJOY.

Eventually parlayed that into sitting in the Mayor's chair at City Hall.

But he was the number one news purveyor back in the day, and he ended every newscast with that shout-out you see in the title; My name is Norm Jary, just in case you need me for anything.

That was Guelph in the sixties...


No comments:

Post a Comment