Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Who are the internet traffic cops?

I've been doing this long enough to spot unnatural internet traffic patterns when I see them. I've been writing more or less the same (take your pick) obnoxious crap or profound insights for four years. Nothing I've written recently gets any page views after the first hour or so, whereas older stuff is still being viewed. That's not how things normally work.

This started after I published several slams of Big Steve early in September. I swear, some hidden hand hit the brakes. Ever since, a post will get three or four views and turn invisible.

I'm also curious about what happened to my Russia traffic. I'm curious because it's gone from being, over the past couple of years, one of my biggest audiences, to being practically invisible. That doesn't happen without someone making it happen.

Mysteries...

No comments:

Post a Comment