Friday, June 12, 2015

Rock Stars on the Alzheimer Highway

My dear Uncle Werner, once one of the top guns in that academic shooting gallery labelled "the Reformation and how some dumb-ass German friar changed history," is way ahead of me on the Alzheimer Highway.

But we share a gene pool.

If I'm not mistaken, he was about the age I am now when he found himself having trouble hiding the slippage.


I'm watching a YouTube video of ACDC in concert.

For the most part, I'm not big on this thing called "progress."

But watching ACDC or Iggy or the Stones or Mott the Hoople live any time you're in the mood... well, that's gotta be good for something.

That's progress, I guess.

Overall, though, I truly believe mass culture, "pop culture," if you will, is a dead end going nowhere.

The fact that 14 year olds go to see Roger Waters today tells me that pop culture has been stagnating for a long time.

While the culture stagnates, the cultural icons are sailing down that exit ramp that merges with the Alzheimer Highway...

Welcome one and all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment