Monday, December 23, 2013

Why I am optimistic

There's sure enough lots of shit to get gloomy about. Click on the Counterpunch site if you don't believe me. Thing is, I generally am in agreement with what I read there, but I simply cannot share the overall sense of gloom that Counterpunch gives off.

I believe we are on the cusp of a new age, and it ain't gonna be a new age of NWO black helicopters and all that shit.

It will be a new age forged by the young generation, the one's who are just coming to terms with the shit-pile we're leaving them.

We have seen some hints of what is bubbling to the surface. The "Occupy" thing is going to make a comeback. Occupy inspired the "Idle no more" movement of First Nations folks who were getting to know the power of social media. We'll be seeing more of that.

There is also an uprising among the fast food serfs. Many major cities have seen demonstrations for fair wages for fast food workers. As more and more fast food serfs have graduate degrees, those folks will realize that they have nothing to lose and will invest their considerable energies in fighting for a living wage.

It is an unconscionable shame that there are people in the US and Canada who work full time yet rely on food banks to feed their children.

We, my generation, have let it come to this.

I sincerely hope the next generation won't let that legacy stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment