Saturday, November 23, 2013

Mick Jagger plays a mean harp

Check it out.

King Biscuit Boy would approve!

I play a pretty mean harp myself. In fact, there used to be a bar in Guelph called the Chooch. One night I was sitting at the bar and sporadically pulling out my Hohner and bending a few notes.

There was a few biker types in the place. I happened to know one of them as a nearby neighbour. He was loosely affiliated with the Satan's Choice motorcycle club. "Loosely affiliated" would probably be a bit of an understatement.

Many years later the Choice all became full-patch Hells Angels in that great biker corporate merger known as the Ontario patch-over.

Anyway, Buddy passed the hat among his pals, and lo and behold, I got nearly twenty bucks for my harp work! That was my one and only paid gig as a musician!

While I was flattered, I was also a little disconcerted by what he said to me when he handed me the fistful of change and small bills;

you can fuckin stop that shit now or I'm gonna shove that fuckin thing so far up your ass its gonna take ya a week to shit it out.

I stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment