Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ladies and gentlemen, The Rolling Stones are totally fake!

My band, CrackerBilly, never really took off. Not to be confused with that crew I sat in with a few times, the "Gay Baptists on Heroin" as they styled themselves. That didn't take off either.

Personally, I don't believe the Rolling Stones are fake. Ya, I know that at some bizarre un-lettered level of ignorance everybody has bought the #1 Koolaid Question; is that "rock and roll?"

Yes and no.

I guess I've got a bias because I'm pretty much on the old-dude pasture myself.

Back in the day there was a lot of chatter around Stones concerts about just how many guys would be behind the curtain playing Kieth's riffs, because he was too fucked up to play them himself.

I don't know one way or the other, but you can't help but notice that there is no other band on earth that has as much high-end help behind the curtain as the Rolling Stones.

It's just a kiss away.

Hell, if I just had a few of those behind-the-curtain guys sitting in with CrackerBilly or the Gay Baptists... everything could be so different!

But as far as I can tell, those guys are still rocking and still having fun, but somehow the culture has to get out of the hands of the moneymen.

For way too long the business end of the music business has reigned supreme.

Let's give the music a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment