Monday, June 24, 2013

Text of IMF boss Christine Lagarde's love letter to Sarkozy

Dear Nicolas, very briefly and respectfully,

1) I am by your side to serve you and serve your plans for France.
2) I tried my best and might have failed occasionally. I implore your forgiveness.
3) I have no personal political ambitions and I have no desire to become a servile status
seeker, like many of the people around you whose loyalty is recent and short-lived.
4) Use me for as long as it suits you and suits your plans and casting call.
5) If you decide to use me, I need you as a guide and a supporter: without a guide, I may be
ineffective and without your support I may lack credibility.

With my great admiration,
Christine L.
Source URL: http://www.france24.com/en/20130618-france-leaked-letter-lagarde-sarkozy-alliagence-tapie-affair

Now that's what we call messed up around here. Use me, baby!

This is from supposedly one of the most powerful women in the world, a role model for young and not-so-young women everywhere who leads by example and demonstrates that they too can break through the glass ceiling.

Even more disappointing is who it is addressed to; an utterly vain, self-important dwarf with a Napoleon complex.

How does one attain the highest reaches of the IMF with such manifestly poor judgement? Lagarde turns back the clock on the status of women by fifty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment