Monday, October 29, 2012

Mitt Romney has a plan to help the US auto industry

He does?

Mitt is a guy who is intimately acquainted with the concept of shipping American jobs to China, so this "Chinese Jeeps" gambit should be a non-starter to say the least.

And Lee Iaccoca knows all about auto industry bailouts, so to see him waxing wise in favor of anti-bailout Romney seems proof enough that old Lee might be a little further down the Alzheimer Highway than we suspected.

I made a small fortune betting on Chrysler shares around the time Lee got that bail-out. Unfortunately my next few bets went south. That wasn't his fault though, and I've had a soft spot in my heart for him ever since.

So to see him endorse Mitt stings a bit.

As for Chrysler, their quarterly results released today show an 80% jump in profit.

And as much as I might not like the two-tiered wage structure or a lot of the other stuff my former union has swallowed, it's better than nothing, which is what Chrysler would be, twice over, without government bailouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment