Tuesday, October 30, 2012

God willing, and if the creek don't rise...

Well by fuck, if the crik didn't riz, right over the bridge!

From nothing on Monday night to a foot over the top on Tuesday morning.

And that was just the beginning of the nightmare.

The power was out.

In these parts we depend on the tender mercies of a semi-governmental entity called Hydro One to put things right when the power is out.

I was a bit reluctant to call them because I knew my account was somewhat in arrears. At the same time, I know they always give a last call before they cut you off.

So I knew this wasn't just about me.

I called.

A recorded message informed me that tens of thousands of Hydro One customers were without power, and I would have to wait my turn.

Well alright then!

So I waited...

No comments:

Post a Comment