Sunday, September 2, 2012

Buying that 246 Rosborough

As regular readers will know, I've been struggling with the boat purchase  equation for quite some time.

It's all hypothetical of course, since I'm beyond broke till the next collector steps up and buys the latest art installation. It's an axe-head buried in a stump, entitled "whores of wood".

Get it? Whores of wood... hewers of wood?

Some Canadian billionaire art collector shouldn't be shy about dropping a couple hundred grand on that.

When that happens, I'm going all guns out on that 246 Rosy. I've been scanning the used boat sites and by god do these Rosboroughs ever hold their value.

Folks are asking in the 30's and 40's for their mid 80's Rosborough.

Meanwhile, there's a dealer in Halifax who has a brand new 246 on offer at 99k. Minus the motor.

You can find a 200 hp Honda to hang off the back of that for about 20 grand. For approximately 125 k you've got yourself a brand new Ros with a brand new motor, and it's going to keep her value like nothing else on land or sea.

I think I've got a fighting chance to sell the Farm Manager on this...


No comments:

Post a Comment