Thursday, August 16, 2012

Canada Foreign Minister reined in by personal Rabbi

It's not very often that I see eye to eye with a Chabad Rabbi, but there's a story unfolding in Canada that, to me at least, has Rabbi Chaim Mendelsohn's fingerprints all over it.

And I couldn't agree more.

Foreign Minister Baird, in an attempt to ingratiate himself with the emerging new regime in Syria, promised a few million in aid money to an obscure Syrian aid group that may or may not be linked to the family of Omar Khadar, the Canadian child soldier languishing in Gitmo.

While I'm 100% aboard for repatriating and freeing Omar, I'm pretty sure that we don't need to give money to al Qaeda front organizations under the guise of "helping" Syrians suffering under Assad.

Today Mr. Baird recanted.

Good call, Mr. Mendelsohn.

No comments:

Post a Comment