Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ron Paul gives Romney a good scare in Maine

I love Maine.

It's where all the New Brunswick smugglers get their booze and smokes.

Also America's home base for the Irving empire. Apparently the Irvings own more land in Maine than they do in New Brunswick. Irving tree plantations aren't measured in acres or hectares; they're measured in square miles.

And how can you not love Bar Harbor? Or "Bah Habba" as the locals call it. Once the summer playground of the robber barons, now it's the year-round playground of the new robber barons.

My connections to Maine run deep. I remember trekking up Cadillac Mountain back in the first Iraq war days. Cadillac Mountain is where the sun rises first every day on the American Empire. I'm heading up there to see a sunrise with my young family in tow, we round a bend in the trail and whoa!

Military Police all over the place. This trail is closed.

Back in behind them I could see half a dozen big army-green trucks with those radar thingies on top, just spinning round and round.

I don't ask a whole lot of questions when I'm told to take another trail by guys in uniform with lots of guns. I assume they were part of the deal to protect Bush 1 who has a summer home just down the coast. Never know what those wily Iraqi's could pull. That was the era when we thought they might have, probably did have, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

Anyway, I learned to love the Maine-landers. Most of them, at least the ones who live north of Bah Habba, have cousins in New Brunswick. They all go fishing in that St. Croix river together. It's a smuggler's nirvana.

So I'm not surprised that Ron Paul did well today. In fact, if there hadn't been closed polling booths in a number of Paul-friendly precincts, due to inclement weather, he very well could have taken Maine.

But it does prove that Romney's Mormon God controls the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment