Saturday, February 18, 2012

Commie blogger sees light, applies for job at Caterpillar plant in Georgia

That's right folks!

Gonna roll up the rugs here at Falling Downs and head for the Peach State. I'll be joining up with my dream team, the Newt and Cain Travelling Revival Show.

Gonna stay awhile too.

Dusted off those welding tickets and sent my resume to Caterpillar. Got my eye on one of those twelve dollar an hour jobs at the new plant they're building just outside Athens.

Already scoped out the real estate market in the new 'hood. Figure I can find me a nice,and I mean really nice trailer within a fifteen minute drive of the plant for about fifty thou. Maybe even less if I bargain hard.

Planning to pick up some new wheels too. No point heading south with the fleet. Fellow over in Johns Creek has a almost mint '79 Lincoln Town Car on offer for a mere $3,500. Has the half-vinyl roof and the leather interior, and according to the ad almost everything works.

The '79 was the last of the big sleds. Two and a half tons of American glory floating down the Interstate! Cadillac had downsized in '77. Lincoln didn't go to the smaller platform till '80. This particular car has the 400 instead of the 460, and lacks the moon roof, but I'm sure she'll do fine for my new life in Georgia.

Coincidentally, twelve bucks an hour was what I made at Harjim Machinery Works when that Lincoln was new, but I couldn't afford it then.

Just goes to prove that good things come to those who wait long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment