Saturday, February 25, 2012

Burkies Bong: how marijuana destroyed the Toronto Maple Leafs

Ok, I'll fess up right up front; I have no idea if marijuana destroyed the Leafs.

All I know for sure is that for the 97th year in a row they are not going to be in the playoffs.

My pal Kipling dropped by tonight while I was watching the Leafs get hammered by the Washington Capitals. As regular readers know Kipling likes to burn one now and again.

So we burn a couple, and we're watching this game.

Ovechkin doesn't seem to be his old self.

No, surely not.

And that young Ward fellow. Been pretty much invisible since he signed that four year deal at three million a year. We can relate to that guy; used to run into him all the time when he played for the junior team here.

I can understand it in a way. You work your ass off your whole life trying to make it to the bigs. You get there, and holy shit, three million a year over four years?

Take.

It.

Easy.

No sense getting hurt now.

But we're talking about Caps.

What about the Leafs?

Well, Kippers twists another one up and we speculate on what might be ailing the Leafs.

Look at Kessel, he says between tokes.

Ya, I reply.

Kessel.

How about those Leafs?

What?

Kessel, I say. What do you think about Kessel?

Who?

We decided to watch Pass Time instead. Great show. Nobody's been smoking pot, and if they have, it doesn't impact their performance.

What's this 1969 Chevy Nova SS with the 375 horse 396 going to do in the quarter?

No comments:

Post a Comment